Even worse than #firstworldproblems are #ballroomdancerproblems. Life as a Ballroom Dancer is so harsh!
1. You have to stifle a scream when you find a set of old eyelashes stuck to your purse/shoe bag/wallet/steering wheel. BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE A HUGE DAMN BUG.
2. You can’t hit the club anymore because all your sweet moves have somehow morphed into Cha Cha basics.
3. Strictly Ballroom isn’t a documentary?!
4. You forgot that you tanned according to your costume coverage (a nice little chest triangle for the guys, asymmetrical backs and fronts for ladies) and then hit the beach. #itsnotadermatologicalcondition
5. Shopping for street shoes is hard since you don’t know your American shoe size, but you’re pretty on the ball with your European and English sizes.
6. Your accountant calls to confirm your “ballroom” finance category. Because it couldn’t possibly be THAT HIGH.
7. Rhinestones appear in the oddest places: on your partner’s cologne bottle, stuck to the hardwood under your bed, the inside of your running shoes, the wall of the studio. #truestory
8. Shopping for a “Real” dress seems like a bargain EVERY. TIME. #buyitall
9. Your fear of the shoe brush is not unfounded [side-eye to the scar on your knuckle].
10. Redecorating your place means getting rid of furniture and having to rip up those silly carpets, because HOME DANCE STUDIO.
11. You are called on to do hair and makeup for your non-dancer friends’ special occasions because of your obvious skills, whether you’re a guy or girl.
12. Referring to yourself as a dancer gets the eyebrow raise from so many people. #notastripper
13. After a competition, you can’t help but thinking you need a little more makeup. And still a little more. Um, maybe just a bit more? And another layer of tan. And maybe some music. [SIGH] Ugh. Real life is so un-theatrical.